when i was smaller,
we were bandits.
i’d flutter kick from the shopping cart
while she plucked grapes from the plastic
and popped them in my mouth.
we would laugh so loud
the grocery would announce a cleanup in the produce aisle.
i remember when she cut my hair with kitchen scissors
how she spent the afternoon convincing me i was still a girl.
somedays i envy the thermostat
how she nurses its temperature
like a sneezy child, home sick from school.
sometimes i resent the silverware
still small enough to be bathed
by my mother in the kitchen sink.
- likemoonrocks reblogged this from syllablefingers
- grouchery likes this
- partythighs likes this
- syllablefingers reblogged this from meganfalley and added:
- deuscain likes this
- bustyzombiehookersfromspace reblogged this from meganfalley
- yah-yahyah reblogged this from intangiblecollective
- thosedamncommies likes this
- thosedamncommies reblogged this from meganfalley
- underwatershitfarts reblogged this from warpaintetiquette
- warpaintetiquette reblogged this from meganfalley and added:
- brianomnidillon reblogged this from intangiblecollective
- ixnaytheigloo likes this
- therealkatiewest likes this
- intangiblecollective reblogged this from meganfalley and added:
- maxwellvalentine likes this
- justlikethemusic likes this
- meganfalley likes this
- toskateonsun reblogged this from meganfalley and added:
- toskateonsun likes this
- vladislava reblogged this from meganfalley and added:
- smallzoo likes this
- meganfalley posted this